Date(s) - 05/21/2017 - 05/26/2017
Moab Valley Inn
goneMOAB is the premier Nissan off-road event in the country which takes place annually in Moab, UT. Established in 2001, goneMOAB is a way for all truck and SUV owners to experience some of the best 4-wheeling in the world. We’re very excited to be hosting the 16th anniversary of this event. We welcome not only Nissan owners but anyone else that wants to join in our off-roading fun! We have trails ranging from entry level to those for wildly modified vehicles, with all levels of experience in between. Come enjoy the epic scenery, off-road challenges, and camaraderie of your fellow 4-wheelers!
One of the main functions of this event is to give back to the 4-wheel drive community, as well as various organizations in the city of Moab. Our mission is:
- Everyone has fun
- Everyone stays safe
- We grow the event (drivers, trail leaders, sponsors, etc).
- Donate money to local causes – we accomplish this through the proceeds raised during the raffle and other donations.
WHEN: May 21st-26th, 2017 WHERE: Moab, Utah
Please be aware that each driver ticket is analogous to one rig on the trail. If you intend to bring multiple rigs we would appreciate you making two separate transactions with Eventbrite for proper accounting and trail assignment. Additionally, if multiple people will be driving your rig ONLY buy one driver ticket (There will be only one driver at a time).
Please note the following link below. This is a detailed schedule of the 2017 GoneMOAB event. It will open in a separate window for your use in determining trails including descriptions and trail leaders for specific days for your use during the registration process.
All 4-wheel drive trucks and SUV’s are welcome to attend goneMOAB.While certain trails require specific equipment, there is something for everyone, INCLUDING THE LADIES! Registration and tickets must be purchased for all attendees. All attendees are responsible for their own travel, food, lodging expenses.
What IS included in your goneMOAB registration?
- The organized trail runs – Accommodating all skill levels from easy (green) trails to extreme (black) trails.
- Each participant will receive a swag bag which will include at a minimum
- Event T-Shirt
- Sponsor goodies
- Access to all the social events including:
- Sunday night Meet and Greet (meal included)
- Monday evening all you can eat pizza buffet at Zax Pizza sponsored by Nissan (included)
- Disorganized Cook-Out (bring your food and drink)
- Sponsor Night at the Rio (appetizers included)
- Sponsor Show ‘N Shine and Raffle Night (meal included)
- All drivers will receive (in addition to the participant bag listed above)
- Full-color goneMOAB Event Guide w/trail info, maps, and activities
- Additional T-shirt
- Additional swag
- Sand Flats Area access to run goneMOAB trails.
What is NOT included in your registration?
- Dinners (excluding the Meet and Greet, and Raffle nights)
- Canyonlands National Park Admission (applies to Elephant Hill and White Rim Trails)
- Extra Stickers & T-Shirts
goneMOAB General Requirements:
- You must own an offroad capable 4-Wheel Drive vehicle (Sorry, even Green Trails are more than dirt roads!). Blue Trails require items such as sliders, skids, and optional lift to protect from body damage. Red Trails require sliders, skids, lift, minimum rear locker. Black Trails are for folks with highly modified rigs including tires, lift, locked front and rear, gearing, etc.
- An operating CB Radio is required. In-Dash or Handheld CB Radio will do, but it must be operational by GoneMOAB. Ham radios are encouraged also.
- Your vehicle must be in perfect operating condition. Information is on the forum to provide more insight to check further on your vehicle.
- Recovery points are required both front and rear on your vehicle.
- If you plan on airing down your tires, you must provide your own means of deflating and airing your tires up.
- Remember if you break, your trail leader is NOT responsible for getting your vehicle off the trail. So be prepared.
- You must provide a copy of your Current and Valid Driver’s License
- You must provide a copy of your Current and Valid Vehicle Insurance coverage (No Exceptions)
- All Drivers must be 18 at the time of goneMOAB to attend.
- Each trail has its own requirements. Be sure to read up on all that you intend to sign up for.
- You must adhere to all goneMOAB event rules including Tread Lightly! Principles.
- For all goneMOAB trail runs, the trail leader is the ultimate point of control as to what drivers are allowed on any given run. If he/she feels that a driver does not have the experience nor the necessary equipment for that particular trail, they have the prerogative to not allow that driver to participate on their trail.
- NOTE: Not being allowed on a trail is not a personal attack, but is a necessary action to keep the trail ride safe & moving along in a timely manner for our volunteers and all the other attendees.
- Sorry, no refunds on event tickets. Ticket, payment, and above requirements are required for all attendees at the time of the event and are the responsibility of the attendee.
There are generally at least two tracks for each color on each day, with the second track of each color being slightly harder. Each Color Group gets a little harder as the week goes on from Monday through Friday. Also keep in mind as the trails get harder, more will be expected from the driver.
- The Green Trails start out easy and progress towards moderate trails.
- The Blue Trails start on lower end moderate and moves to more difficult trails through the week.
- The Red Trails will be running difficult trails from day 1 that will get harder as the week goes on and some folks running many optional obstacles.
- The Black Trails will be running extreme trails from day 1. These trails require specially prepared vehicles to include larger tires, armor, lockers(Front and Rear, extra clearance, etc. They also expect to scratch, dent, bang, and/or break the truck on the trails.
- When registration opens, you may choose from any trail (any track and color) on any day as long as you and your vehicle meet the minimum trail requirements.
- If you create an Eventbrite account when you register, you can edit your trail choices at a later date as long as the trail you select is not full.
- Please research trail descriptions, ratings, and the forums before choosing your trails.
If you have any questions regarding the event or the registration process. Do not hesitate to contact an Event Coordinator for assistance.